Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Crying for Mother Africa

Before he left to return to his village, Freedom handed me a note. Inside was the following:

I want to tell you my poem! My poem is entitled about AIDS.
"Ooh AIDS, ooh AIDS,
You are a killer.
You don't even feel shy.
For many people you have taken.
People from North, East, South and West,
crying, shouting your name.
AIDS.
You are the killer.
Many thousands of people died because of you, AIDS.
How are we going to live,
for this crying continent Africa.
Last year I bury Father.
Later, I bury Mother.
I cry a lot when I think of my beloved parents, and I think things will be easy if my parents still appear.
Ooh AIDS.
Feel mercy,
please we beg you."
Thank you a lot.

Pray for this young man. Pray for all of the orphans in the same place Freedom is because of this disease.

No comments: