Tuesday, September 05, 2006

For You Chipego

Wanted to share a note that Cholwe, a girl from my village, gave me last night before I left to come into town today. I kept it just like she wrote it- enjoy! Oh, and Chipego is my Tonga name, it means "gift".

"Hi Chipego-
How are you? Me I am fine too. My main point is, I want to inform you that you must gave a great journey, and you must not thinking that you are alone in this world. I am with you, and God is with you and I love you like what I love my self and like what I love my mum. I will ask God day in and day out to bless you, everwhere you go, be happy like what you was in America, I love you Chipego because you are kind to me and to everyone but God knows why I have become your friend in this world, I love you very very much. I end here. Yours, Your Friend Cholwe."

That is why I am here, notes like this, lives like this that I can touch for a moment and hopefully make an eternal difference.

1 comment:

CAITLIN said...

Meg-Cholwe is 16, she is in 8th grade here. She is definetly one person that I want to invest into over these next two years!!! I have not gotten any more mail from you yet- I will be coming into town probably ever 2 weeks just to keep my sanity and mail and all that. As for how people can help. There are kids that have needs in my village, if you want to donate money that I can distribute you can always just send checks to my mom and she can deposit into my account in the States. I will let you know though if and when specific needs arise. Miss you!!! My parents just bought a car from you step-dad this week. The world is so small sometimes!!! Love ya, C